Sunday 12 July 2015

Where's Wally tee

Hello! I have a massive thing for horizontally striped fabric, but I've never found any... until now. When I found this viscose jersey I bought 1m each of red and navy stripes but sadly the navy was out of stock. This is what I made with my red stripes.
I decided that a dress would be too much so I opted for a tee instead. I used the lady skater as a base, and referenced one of my existing t-shirts for length. Check out that stripe matching! It took longer to cut everything out, but I'm so chuffed that it all matches.
I'm really really pleased with the fit. It skims beautifully. Not too tight, but not too loose. I'll definitely use this tee as a model for future tees. I only used up half a metre, so I think I'll make some stripey hudsons with the other half. Not to be worn together of course!
I cut the neckband so it would be mostly red and that worked really well. The sleeves and hem were turned under and secured with a zig zag stitch. What's fantastic is that this is the thing that everybody is surprised I made! They all thought it was shop bought.

So, when I get my hands on some more jersey you can expect to see several more tee's around these here parts! The beautiful setting of the photos is the campus of Nottingham University, where a friend and I had a look around for an open day as she goes to uni next year. The architecture and grounds of the place really were beautiful.


























Thanks for reading and to Emma for taking such fabulous photos!
Lauren xx