Tuesday, 1 October 2013

Sixth Form Top

I MANAGED TO GET THE PICTURES TO BE BIG!!!! YAAAY!!!!

So this is a top that I made for sixth form, which I start on Friday. I had a few issues with this top, mainly because I thought it was a knit when it really was a cotton. I figured it out when it started to fray…  The fact that I thought it was a knit meant that there was an unnecessary amount of zigzagging going on plus the using a pattern designed for knits. I was really worried about the sleeves being really tight because there’s no stretch, so phew. You can see me testing this below.


 It’s a tad short but that isn’t a problem as all of my high skirts are high waisted anyway. I thought very carefully about the pattern placement for this top because there was an interesting border parallel to the selvage which meant that I couldn’t use it as a hem so I used it for the sleeves instead.


 I used the same pattern that I did for my  from Sew You Home Stretch by Wendy Mullin which had an elasticated waist which I ignored. I just used the pattern for the sleeves which are gathered with elastic at the bottom.

 I’m obviously not wearing the skirt for sixth form, however that was the only black skirt available as I still need to hem the pencil skirt that will be worn in its place.
That’s it for now, thanks for reading, and again, BIG PICTURES! Oh and thanks to Connor who took the photos with his lovely camera and for the use of his garden.
Lauren x

No comments:

Post a Comment