Tuesday, 1 October 2013

Prom dress bodice wearable muslin


After changing the bodice completely I wanted to make another mock up to make sure that it fit okay. This time I wanted it to be a wearable one so I used a £2 remnant of dupion to make this dress. The bodice is simplicity 4070 and the skirt is 2 gathered rectangles. The bodice is fully lined as I wanted to make my insides as nice as possible.
And there’s my Dad in the shadow trying to take a picture.










I discovered that the arm holes wayyy too low so that was changed on the original pattern.















I had to use a white zip because that was the only one I had that was long enough. The machine stitching was awful even though I tacked it beforehand so I unpicked it and instead attempted a hand-picked zip for the fist time.












It’s still not perfect, but it’s much better than it was.
















I’m glad that I made this dress as now I know exactly what I need to do to make my prom dress fit perfectly. All I need now is a party to wear it to…

No comments:

Post a Comment