Sunday, 5 June 2016

Original Digby T-shirt

Hello all! It's a long standing joke that my creations are 'Original Digby's' (term coined by Northern Tom) and so I thought it was time I followed Jack Wills in their brilliant branding and marketing concept.
I originally tried to do this with the iron on letters you find at hobby-craft but after 1 wash I was left with 5 sticky patches where the letters were previously. I'm not at all about fast fashion so it was time for take 2.

 I invested in some transfer paper on amazon, figured out which font I wanted on photoshop, printed it onto the transfer paper and printed it onto the fabric. It all went perfectly until I set it following the instructions which burned the lettering away a bit. Ahh well. It's a 'design feature'. Hopefully it won't happen again next time.
The fabric is a cotton jersey from Goldhawk Road. I think it was £5 for a metre and a bit? I had to use the back of the original t-shirt for the front of this one and I pieced the back with the scraps.
The pattern I used was the Kitschy Coo Lady Skater Dress, using the bodice pieces as a base, lengthening to a t-shirt. I went up 3 sizes for a bit of ease and I think I probably could have gone up 1 or 2 more.
I normally finished all of the hems with a zigzag because that's what you're 'supposed' to do with knits, but this time I tried a straight stitch and it works just fine. The fabric stretches okay and there aren't any popped stitches and I think it looks a tad more professional. 
I'm sure this t-shirt will be getting a lot of use over the summer for the simple reason that it goes with everything! I hope it washes better than it's predecessor. I think my next one is going to say 'I love chocolate pudding'.
Thanks for reading and to MK for taking photos! 
Lauren xx





12 comments:

  1. Cute ! It's like a big label on the front that prompts people to ask...should I know about this hot new phenomenon ??? Also I love the feminine, open neckline look that so few tees have nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Original Digby has such a great ring to it! Nice work :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic and interesting information about the shirts and really very nice.
    motarde

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been reading your posts regularly. I need to say that you are doing a fantastic job. Please keep up the great work.
    bamboo clothes

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your all providing information about the t-shirt it's really very good.
    biker T-shirt

    ReplyDelete
  6. I visited your blog for the first time and just been your fan and get many informative information about the women's clothing and I Will be back often to check up on new stuff you post well done.
    women's clothing New York

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting blog and I really like your work and must appreciate you work for the cool clothing good work.
    cool clothing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blog is my favorite blog about the Men's Clothing it's nice style.
    Men's Clothing

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a nice blog and i appreciate your all efforts about the new buckle it's really good work. well done.
    new buckle

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good topic, this is going to help a lot of people get the whole concept about shopping.

    Athletic Shorts

    ReplyDelete