Saturday, 14 May 2016

Pink Inari Tee Dress

Hello all! I finally have a new make to show you. I was intrigued by how good everyone's Named Inari tee dresses looked so I thought I'd try a new silhouette out. And I really really like it.


The fabric made this simple dress a lot more of a 'mare than it should have been. I found this viscose remnant on ebay and the colours and print are stunning but it's shifty as heck and frays every time you look at it.
 I added a CB seam to get it out of 1.1m of fabric. Even though I understitched the facing it kept flipping up so I stitched it down in my break.
I have come to the conclusion that without an overlocker, seam allowances need to be 1.5cm or more. There isn't a lot you can do to finish a 1cm seam allowance if you don't hong kong it. I pinked these seam allowances, but I'm not sure how well they are going to hold up!
This is very much a dress that needs wearing with shorts underneath.
It's super super comfy. One of those dresses you don't notice you're wearing. In this dress I went to uni for the day, out for dinner in London, a walk outside Buckingham Palace, a cocktail at the pub and quite a bit of dancing. There's been a little wear and tear on one of the splits but that can easily be patched up.
In other news, I got my braces off on Thursday! Arghh looking at these pics makes me so happy!

Thanks for reading and to MK for taking photos!
Lauren xx

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on that fab smile, you dress is gorgeous too. Great idea about wearing shorts underneath going to steal that idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your braces!!!! I just got mine on in March, so they're not coming off for a long while, but I understand your excitement!!!! I love the inari tee dress and think it looks great on you! Especially that lovely color! You just look great in everything:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's such a good feeling, you are so kind!

      Delete
  3. Every fashion-loving lady has the moment of exciting while wearing dress.The dress make the lady more beautiful in anytime. You are really good at discovering fashion.It is hard to find the fashion and budget dress.I found the cool website Gearbest tee dress is fashion and good.What is your opinion?

    ReplyDelete