Continuing with my new-found love of culottes I decided to try some longer ones, added to my bodice block to make a jumpsuit. I had one fabric in the stash that was perfect, given to me by a fellow clarinetist a year or two ago. I think it's silk, and the colours in the print are just gorgeous.
The hips were a couple of inches wider than my measurements, so I used the excess to make a little pleat each side. I didn't sew the darts, but pleated them to match the culottes. I think in this version they are a little too far away from the centre front, so I'd move them closer next time.
It's finished off really cleanly inside with all raw edges overlocked. The armholes and neckline I used bias binding for (using the fabric scraps) which was slipstitched invisibly to the wrong side. The hem was turned under twice and slipstitched.
I finished it just in time to go and see The Piano Guys in Nottingham, and they were fantastic! Thanks very much for reading, and to Ed for taking pictures.