Friday, 26 December 2014

Christmas Jumper and Velvet Lady Skater

A christmas dress for me needs to be warm, comfortable and able to take a lot of food whilst also being slightly "special occasion". After a lot of consideration I decided on a stretch velvet lady skater which would be all of the above. The black velvet was left over from a school project last year so essential this dress was free! It's a bit black though, so I decided it needed a Christmas jumper to brighten it up a bit.
The pink sweatshirt I made a couple of months ago fit the bill, but needed making a little more Christmassy. There was a battle between the penguin and the christmas tree but the penguin won.
 And ta-da! It was a great Christmas outfit. I felt festive but was still warm and cosy. This time the lady skater bodice was quite right (in the past it's been too low) and I added some volume to the skirt to give it a bit more oomph. I am wearing 2 petticoats here just to maximize the poof.
I hope you all had a great Christmas! Thanks very much to Dad for taking these photos on our morning walk, and to you for reading!
Lauren xx

9 comments:

  1. Such a fun outfit for Christmas! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, had to be the penguin. Suitable for all cold weather not just December and a fun top for a cold day/days in summer!
    I'm sure the lady skater will become a wardrobe staple, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The penguin was definitely the right choice!

      Delete
  3. It looks fantastic and love that you added in room for food! I fell backwards onto the bed going ohhhh after eating a big Christmas lunch.

    The penguin is awesome too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw this is so sweet! I'm planning on trying out the Lady Skater pattern shortly (it's all printed, taped up and cut up - just waiting for the right fabric) and your version has certainly inspired me :) Happy sewing Lauren!

    ReplyDelete